According to Danny Parkins, here is the Kyle Davies Drinking Game for his start on July 25, 2011:
- Step 1 – Get a Designated Driver if you’re drinking alcohol. Kyle Davies is statistically the worst starting pitcher in the history of baseball. You. Will. Get. Drunk.
- Drink responsibly
- 1 Base Single or Walk – Drink
- 2 Base Double – 2 Drinks
- 3 Base Triple – 3 Drinks
- Homer – CHUG UNTIL HE’S DONE CROSSING HOME
- Back to Back – Double what’s above
- Drink anytime an announcer during his appearance mentions that Davies has “good stuff.”
- If he leaves before the 5th inning – he is caring for our livers – but you must finish your drink.
- Hit Batter – Punch Your friend while they’re drinking
- Stolen Base because his delivery is so slow, steal your friend’s drink.
- 1, 2, 3 inning – 3 up, 3 down – you get to drink water during the break.
- UPDATED FOR RED SOX START: Any Hit Off the Green Monster is a shot.
HOUSE RULES – Optional if you are keepin’ it REAL:
- @j_higgs13 Hit to a sub-.240 batter should be a lap around the house… (Varitek, Navarro and McDonald if he falls below .241)
- @fakenedyost If Jon Lester throws a no-hitter against the #Royals again, you must swear off #DaviesDrinkingGame and move to crack..
- If there is a Shawnee Mission Kia commercial, and you own a Kia, you need to run out to your car and drink a shot.
Be sure to follow #DaviesDrinkingGame on Twitter and keep us posted on how you’re doing.